Norpro Deluxe Munk Aebleskiver Pan Cast Iron
It's easy to make your own aebleskiver (Danish filled pancake puffs) with this aebleskiver pan! If you can make pancakes, Cast iron bakes crispy, golden "pancake balls".
This Cast iron pan cooks up a delicious brunch! Prepare special treats for your family with this heavyweight cast iron pan. Make Aebleskivers, a traditional Danish pastry, with a special pan designed specifically for making this delicious, pancake-like treat that is filled with fruit or cheese.
The cast iron pan will need to be seasoned before use, but once the pan is properly prepared, it develops a virtually stick-free surface. Instructions for seasoning and usage are included, along with a traditional Aebleskiver recipe.
Here is some information I found online about seasoning your pan.
There are a number of things thatyou may or may not be doing that is causing the problem, so any of thefollowing "solutions" may fix it for you. I am basing this on"burn" and "stick".
1. Make sureyou've seasoned your cast iron. Oil it, bake it in the oven, let it cool. Itwill improve over a period of time.
2. Oil the panevery time you use it.
3. If your recipedoesn't have any added oil or butter in it, try adding some oil (Tablespoon orso) to the mix. This would be the difference between pancakes and waffles...itwill result in a little crispier exterior and less of a tendency to stick.
4. Turn down theheat. If you are burning your ebelskiver you have the pan too hot. You want thepan to reach and hold 350-375 F. Again, think pancakes. A drop of water on acast iron griddle should dance for pancakes not spit and immediately evaporate.You want the same setup.
5. Don't use soapand water to clean the pan. I am assuming you know this, but for the sake ofcompleteness I include it. You don't want to remove the seasoning layer on thepan.
6. Oil the panwhen you finish, before you put it away.
4 is probably the most important,since burning will mess up the oily patina you are trying to build up on yourpan. The others will all help. As I noted in 1, your pan will improve over aperiod of time as the surface seasoning improves.
|With every $20.00 Purchase you will receive a Free Gift! This month receive a free Scraper! This is a handy timesaver! |
Please Check out my other items!
PLEASE NOTE: WE ALWAYS COMBINE SHIPPING TO SAVE YOU MONEY!
If you are an International BuyerPlease keep in mind that if you choose shipping other than air priority orglobal priority your item could take up to 2 to 8 weeks to arrive.
International Buyers – Please Note:
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.